Are you wondering what you are consuming that is staining your teeth? If so, you are in the right place! There are plenty of foods and drinks that we consume each day that can severely stain or discolor our teeth.
Our dentist, Dr. Jacob Avner, can help you with your teeth-whitening needs. Furthermore, our team at Great Smiles of NY in Rego Park, New York, is eager to share with you natural staining substances to your oral health.
Here is a list of foods and drinks that can stain your teeth:
– Wine: Both red and white wine can stain or discolor your white teeth. White wine is high in acidities that tint your teeth more than the dominant color of red wine.
– Coffee: The dark and thick beans of coffee can dim your white and bright teeth over time.
– Curry: A popular spice used in many places across the world called curry can yellow your teeth because of the pigment and sticky substance of it.
– Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in acids that penetrate your tooth enamel and can cause staining to your tooth enamel.
– Berries: Berries are considered healthy in many ways, yet most berries are dark in color and cling to your teeth causing them to stain.
– Sodas and sports drinks: These drinks are great for energy but extremely high in bacteria and acids that are known to damage your teeth, including sugar-free ones.
Your smile is important and that is why our team is excited to help you keep it healthy and white for years to come. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to schedule a teeth-whitening treatment, please call us at 718-275-7300 to make an appointment.